Dental Crowns in Sterling Heights, MI
Proudly Show Off Your Smile
Living with damaged teeth can take a toll on your oral health and your self-confidence. At Sterling Heights Dentistry, we want all of our patients to achieve healthy, beautiful smiles. With the help of dental crowns, our team can easily protect vulnerable teeth to repair damage and prevent further problems. Our high-quality dental restorations will restore your smile and boost your oral health for years to come.
Learn all about dental crowns with Dr. Hindi by exploring our patient-friendly guide below.
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a custom-made cap that’s placed atop a damaged tooth. Dental crowns are designed to restore your tooth’s natural appearance and performance, providing you with a functional smile once again.
At Sterling Heights Dentistry, we can use dental crowns to fix a variety of oral health issues, including:
- Restore broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking or decaying
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling
- Remedy a misshapen tooth
- Conceal discoloration
- Hold a dental bridge in place or finalize a dental implant
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are a high-quality restorative treatment that offers patients the following benefits:
- Quick, two appointment process
- Non-invasive procedure
- Maintains the function of your bite
- Customized to blend in with your natural smile
- Prevents the need for further treatments
- Long-lasting restoration
The Dental Crown Process
You can restore your smile in just two appointments with dental crowns at our Sterling Heights, MI office. In just five steps, Dr. Hindi will help you achieve a flawless new smile:
- You’ll start with an initial consultation where Dr. Hindi will perform a full-mouth examination of your teeth, gums, and jaw to ensure dental crowns are the perfect choice for your oral health needs.
- At the first crown appointment, we’ll reshape the affected tooth to ensure a perfect fit. We’ll use a local anesthetic to eliminate any discomfort.
- Once your tooth is smoothed down, we’ll take digital impressions. These images will be used to create a crown that matches the natural shape, size, and color of your tooth.
- The crown will be made at a dental laboratory, typically taking about two weeks. Before you leave our office, we’ll provide you with a temporary restoration.
- When your custom crown is ready, you’ll return to our Sterling Heights office for your final visit. Dr. Hindi will make sure that your dental crown looks natural and fits perfectly over your tooth. Once you’re happy with your restoration, we’ll secure it and you can leave our office with a stunning smile.
Dental Crown Care
Custom dental crowns can last as long as 15 years when properly cared for. We recommend following these guidelines to help increase the longevity of your restoration:
- Brush your teeth twice a day — make sure you use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-abrasive toothpaste
- Floss every day
- Avoid harder foods such as nuts, candy, and ice, as they may cause your crown to crack
- If you grind your clench your teeth at night, Dr. Hindi may recommend a nightguard to ensure the protection of your restoration and natural teeth
- Schedule routine checkups at our Sterling Heights office once every six months
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the dental crown procedure isn’t painful, as our Sterling Heights dentist will administer a local anesthetic. This will help ease any discomfort while placing your crown. After your procedure, it’s common to experience some minor swelling and discomfort. We recommend managing any pain with cold compresses and over-the-counter medications.
When properly cared for, dental crowns can last between five and 15 years. To get the most out of your restoration, make sure to brush your teeth twice a day, floss daily, and visit Dr. Hindi twice a year for professional checkups and cleanings.
No, you can’t whiten a dental crown. Each dental crown is custom-made in a dental lab to match your natural teeth, so it won’t respond to a teeth whitening treatment. If you notice that your crown is whiter than your surrounding teeth, Dr. Hindi offers professional teeth whitening at our Sterling Heights office. Simply call our dental office at (586) 939-5151 to schedule a consultation.
Repair Your Smile at Sterling Heights Dentistry
At Sterling Heights Dentistry, we provide stunning dental restorations to ensure every patient achieves the smile they deserve. With the help of dental crowns, we can repair damaged teeth for a beautiful, healthy smile. To learn more, schedule your consultation with Dr. Hindi by calling our Sterling Heights office at (586) 939-5151. You can also fill out our online contact form, and one of our team members will get back to you shortly.