Dental Bridges in Sterling Heights, MI
Our Sterling Heights Dentist Can Complete Your Smile
Fill in any unwanted gaps in your smile with dental bridges at Sterling Heights Dentistry. Not only can missing teeth lower your self-confidence, but they also negatively affect the condition of your oral health. Our Sterling Heights, MI dentist offers various restorative dentistry options, including dental bridges, to ensure each patient gets the treatment that works best for their oral health needs.
If you’re ready to learn more about how dental bridges can restore your smile, call our dental office at (586) 939-5151.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are dental prosthetics designed to bridge the gap between missing teeth. As a low-cost and natural-looking solution, patients can receive a new smile that allows them to eat and speak properly again. The bridge itself is made up of two or more dental crowns for the teeth on either side of your gap and a false tooth (also called a pontic) in between. Bridges can be supported by natural teeth or dental implants.
The Benefits of a Dental Bridge
Dental bridges are more than just a simple tooth replacement. When patients receive a dental bridge, they also earn the following benefits:
- A restored smile appearance
- Improves your eating and speaking abilities
- Keep your surrounding teeth from shifting out of position
- Improved facial shape
- Allows you to achieve pristine oral health for years to come
Dental Bridges vs. Dental Implants
Both dental bridges and dental implants restore your smile and provide you with a fully functional replacement solution. While implants are the number one tooth replacement option, they’re not always the best for everyone. Dental bridges may be the best choice if:
- You’re only missing one tooth
- You lack sufficient bone density to support an implant
- You have abutment teeth that will benefit from dental crowns
- You don’t want to undergo implant surgery
At your initial appointment, Dr. Hindi will evaluate your oral health and help you decide which tooth replacement is the best for you and your needs.
The Dental Bridge Process
In just two appointments at our Sterling Heights dental office, you can achieve a naturally beautiful smile with dental bridges. Your first appointment allows Dr. Hindi to examine your teeth and ensure that a dental bridge is best for you. She’ll clean and prepare your teeth on each side of the empty space — these teeth are called your abutments, or anchoring teeth.
Once your custom dental bridge is created, you’ll return to our Sterling Heights dental office for placement. Before securing the bridge to your anchor teeth, Dr. Hindi will check the size, shape, and color to ensure a comfortable fit and a beautiful appearance. She’ll then cement the restoration into place with a durable dental resin. When your treatment is complete, you’ll leave our office with a brand-new, flawless smile.
How To Care for Dental Bridges
When properly cared for, dental bridges can last between five and 15 years. By following an at-home oral care routine combined with dental checkups at our Sterling Heights dental office twice a year, you can increase the longevity of your restoration.
We recommend incorporating the following steps into your at-home routine:
- Use fluoride toothpaste with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Remember to floss between your teeth and gums
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Avoid chewy or hard foods that may put excess strain on your restoration
- Refrain from consuming too many starchy or sugary foods, as they can cause decay
Does Your Dental Bridge Need To Be Repaired?
If your dental bridge needs adjustments or repairs, call Sterling Heights Dentistry at (586) 939-5151, so we can help you. Our dentist can assess the condition of your restoration and the best way to proceed.
If your bridge has broken, try to hold onto the pieces so we can look at it at your appointment. While it may be tempting to try and fix your bridge with glue, this can cause additional problems and can end up causing further damage. Dr. Hindi can determine if your bridge can be fixed or if you’ll need a new one. She’ll get your oral health back on track and help you feel comfortable with your teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of your dental bridge will depend on your unique oral health situation. At your initial consultation with our Sterling Heights dentist, she’ll provide you with a breakdown of your treatment cost. For your convenience, we work with third-party financing options, such as CareCredit, to ensure all patients get the dental care they need.
If you have any questions about the cost of treatment, call Sterling Heights Dentistry at (586) 939-5151.
Several different types of bridges can be used to repair your smile, depending on the circumstances of your teeth. Some of the different types of dental bridges include:
- Traditional bridges – These are the bridges most commonly placed. They’re made up of one or more replacement teeth connected to dental crowns on both sides. The dental crowns support the bridge using the natural strength of your teeth.
- Cantilever bridges – This bridge is typically used when only one tooth can act as a support for the bridge. A cantilever bridge isn’t recommended for the back of the mouth, where everyday chewing could put too much pressure on the anchor tooth.
- Maryland bridges – A maryland bridge is a replacement tooth with two metal wings attached to abutment teeth. These bridges are often used as temporary replacements or for adolescents.
- Implant-supported bridges – Dental implants can also be used to create a stable bridge. Implants can replace one or more teeth, giving you a secure tooth replacement solution. The biggest drawback of dental implants is that they can take a long time to place due to the surgery required.
While not a permanent restoration, a dental bridge can last up to 15 years with proper care. Make sure you’re brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting our Sterling Heights dental office twice a year for dental cleanings and checkups. To schedule your appointment, call us at (586) 939-5151.
Yes, a dental bridge can fix a gap left by a missing tooth in the front of your mouth. Dr. Hindi can create a dental bridge that matches the color and size of your natural teeth so that the replacement teeth will blend in seamlessly.
Bridges are made to last, so you won’t have to worry about replacing your bridge for a while. As long as you take good care of your dental bridge, your bridge can take good care of your smile.
Achieve a Beautiful Smile at Sterling Heights Dentistry
The team at Sterling Heights Dentistry is here to help you feel confident in yourself and your smile. To learn more about dental bridges or any other restorative treatments we provide, get in touch! Give our Sterling Heights, MI dental office a call at (586) 939-5151 to schedule an appointment. You can also fill out our appointment form online, and we’ll get back to you shortly.
We’ve worked with patients all over Michigan including Troy, Fraser, and Detroit, MI.