Many different factors can lead to stained teeth. Some of these include:
- Lack of Oral Hygiene — If you don’t brush your teeth and floss every day, in addition to visiting Dr. Hindi for checkups, the condition of your teeth will deteriorate.
- Tobacco — Smoking or chewing tobacco leaves nicotine stains on your teeth that cause them to appear yellow.
- Some Foods and Beverages — Many of our favorite beverages are known to stain teeth, including coffee, tea, red wine, and soda. Some foods can also stain your teeth, such as berries, pomegranates, and curry.
- Certain Medications — Taking antibiotics like tetracycline or doxycycline may leave stains on your teeth.
- Aging — As you get older, your teeth will inevitably darken and lose some of their natural shine. You can also develop stains in parts of your teeth where the enamel has worn away.