Invisalign® Clear Aligners in Sterling Heights, MI
A Discreet, Convenient Alternative to Braces
For many years, traditional metal braces have been a reliable treatment for realigning teeth. However, most patients seek to avoid braces due to their noticeable appearance and the many hassles that accompany them. If you’re one of those patients, our Saad dental team is happy to offer Invisalign® clear aligners as a less-invasive alternative.
Invisalign® aligners are clear and removable, allowing you to eat without restrictions and smile with confidence. Best of all, Invisalign® treatment works up to two times faster than traditional braces. Thanks to Invisalign®, it’s never been easier or more convenient to achieve the stunning smile you deserve. Explore our guide to learn how this sleek, innovative treatment can benefit your life.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign® clear aligners offer multiple benefits that traditional braces can’t match, including:
The clear aligners are virtually invisible so no one has to know that you’re wearing them.
You can take your aligners out before eating meals, playing sports, or other activities, allowing you to live without restraint during your treatment.
Invisalign® treatment can be completed in as little as 12 months, up to two times faster than traditional braces.
Each set of aligners is customized to fit your teeth perfectly, and you won’t have to worry about painful bracket adjustments or metal wires poking your gums or teeth.
The Invisalign® Treatment Process
With an easy three-step process, your new smile awaits you quicker than ever.
- Initial Consultation — Your treatment begins when you schedule a consultation with Dr. Ahmed at our Sterling Heights, MI practice. During this visit, he’ll discuss your smile goals and answer any questions you may have about the procedure. He’ll also use our advanced technology to create a 3D digital model of your smile. This data is then sent to a laboratory where your customized aligners will be created just for you.
- Wearing Your Aligners — Invisalign® straightens your teeth with a series of aligners that will be swapped out for a new set roughly every two weeks. To achieve your desired results, you’ll need to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours every day, only removing them to eat or drink. Each set of aligners is designed to only influence certain teeth, gently shifting them into the proper position until your smile looks flawless.
- Smile Freely — Typically, Invisalign® treatment takes about 12 to 18 months, though you may start to see results in a matter of weeks. Dr. Ahmed will monitor your progress throughout the treatment and adjust your plan accordingly. Once your treatment is finished, you can enjoy all the benefits of a healthy and beautiful smile.
How to Care for Your Clear Aligners
To have success with your Invisalign aligners, there are a few steps you need to take in order to properly care for them. To care for your clear aligners:
- Trade your old aligners in every two weeks. This allows your smile to continue shifting into the correct position.
- Rinse your aligners every time you take them out of your mouth. This helps your aligners to remain clean and clear of bacteria and food particles.
- Soak your aligners in Invisalign cleaning crystals.
- Clean your teeth regularly. Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing daily can reduce your risk of cavities and help stop the spread of bacteria onto your aligners.
- Brush your aligners when you take them out. This may not always be possible, but try to do it every time. Use a soft-bristled brush to prevent scratching the trays.
- Remove your aligners to eat or drink anything other than water. Food and drinks can stain your aligners and set back your treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Invisalign is designed to treat a variety of orthodontic issues that can impact your health, as well as your smile. During your consultation, Dr. Ahmed will thoroughly examine your teeth and determine if Invisalign will be an effective treatment for you.
Typically, we use Invisalign to correct the following orthodontic issues:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked tooth
- Gaps between teeth
- Open bite
Since they’re customized to fit your teeth, Invisalign aligners are far more comfortable to wear than traditional metal braces. You also don’t have to worry about painful bracket adjustments or metal wires poking your teeth and gums. You may experience some mild discomfort when you start wearing your first set of aligners, but this should fade within a few days as your mouth adjusts to them.
With most insurance providers, you’ll get the same coverage for Invisalign that you would for braces. Typically, this means at least a portion of your treatment will be covered, depending on the terms of your specific plan. If you have any questions about your insurance, our team will be happy to help you maximize your benefits.
Invisalign aligners are much easier to keep clean than metal braces. All you need to do is brush your aligners every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to bed. To prevent damaging your aligners, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid abrasive cleaning solutions.
It’s also crucial that you remember to take out your aligners before meals and brush your teeth before putting them back in. This will prevent food crumbs and bacteria from getting trapped in your teeth and causing an infection.
In most cases, yes! Many patients who are tired of the hassles that come with metal braces ask us if they can switch to Invisalign. The only way to find out is by scheduling a consultation at our Sterling Heights, MI practice. During this visit, Dr. Ahmed will examine your teeth and determine if Invisalign will be an effective treatment for you.
Visit Sterling Heights Dentistry for Invisalign® Treatment
If you’re looking for a sleek, minimally-invasive alternative to traditional braces, Invisalign® may be the answer you’ve been looking for. Thanks to these clear, removable aligners, you can straighten your smile without the many inconveniences that come with wearing metal braces.
Call our Sterling Heights, MI practice at (586) 939-5151 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ahmed today. Before you know it, you can enjoy all the benefits of a beautiful, healthy smile.