Dr. Ahmed completed his bachelors of dental surgery from Baqai Dental College, Karachi, Pakistan in 2008. After working for a few years, he continued his education at McGill University, Canada, where he obtained a Masters in dental sciences focusing on orofacial pain disorders and chronic pain. In 2018, he graduated from Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine with a DMD diploma with high honors.
Whether it be root canal therapies, wisdom teeth extractions, dental implants, or smile makeovers, he prides himself on being able to deliver evidence-based treatment, always wanting the best for his patients.
When Dr. Ahmed isn’t busy creating smiles, he spends his free time playing music, exploring astronomy and spending time with his family.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right dentist?
It’s crucial that you trust your dentist and feel confident in the treatment you receive. Here are 5 helpful tips for choosing the best dentist:
- Check their qualifications. Your dentist should be certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) and actively pursue continuing education to remain at the forefront of their field.
- Make sure your insurance plan is accepted.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and doctors you trust.
- For your convenience and peace of mind, choose a dentist who can meet all of your family’s needs. You don’t want to juggle appointments with a separate pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dentist if it’s not necessary.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with not only your prospective dentist, but with the entire practice as a whole. Visit the office and talk with other staff members before your appointment to ensure you always receive the compassionate care you expect.
What questions should I ask my dentist?
When you’re looking for a new dentist, it’s a good idea to interview them so you can be sure they’ll meet all of your specific needs. Questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been practicing?
- Where did you study?
- Do you hold any advanced certifications?
- What professional associations are you a member of?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- Can you show me patient reviews and before-and-after photos?